Tuesday, August 02, 2005

How Can This Happen?

How can you be let down so consistently by something, and yet still come back for more?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2123113

I had told my father and several other people that I was extremely disappointed in the steroid hearings, primarily due to the fact that the sole person responsible for my fandom in baseball, Mark McGwire, chose to, instead of being forthcoming and honest, deny any involvement in anything, and in the process, make himself look far more guilty than any of the members of the panel, a hell of a feat considering the panel included Jose Canseco.

But I also told him that of all the members of the panel, the person that struck me as most honest and likeable was Rafael Palmeiro. And now he gone and tested postitive.

Oddly enough, the Cards are blowing away the NL, and I'm still happy with the game. At least I will be until Pujols tests positive. Oddly enough, the positive test of a definable superstar makes me a lot more terrified that some player that I love is going to turn up positive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

When I saw the replay of Palmeiro's unflinching denial, I thought that McGwire's silence was better. Has Mark made such a denial? Don't think so.

Gotta admit, I would be crushed if Pu turns out to be a doper. Or Edmonds or Rolen.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

McGwire did claim that he never used steroids, a few years ago, but clammed up when he went before Congress. Which is kinda like hitting a home run in the first inning but not in the ninth when your team's down by one.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Kindralas said...

McGwire, shockingly consistent, there.

Nothing like padding your 70 home run chase with about 67 meaningless ones.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home