Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Flurry of Posts

Probably be at least three posts in rapid succession. Why not compress them into one post? I ramble, but at least I hold to a point when I ramble.

First post, being this one, I figure there should be some information about myself here. To be honest, I'm a guy making a blog who hates reading blogs, but I think I've identified my hatred for reading blogs as "who the hell is this person, and where the hell do they get off?"

The important things out of the way:

Religion: Not going to talk about it, except how it affects somewhat realistic things. My views are horribly depressing, and I have yet to meet a single soul who has had any desire to discuss my religion past the first sentence I speak on it. Anything I say about religion will likely be in reference to separation of church and state, which is rather a hot button issue of mine at the moment.

Party Affiliation: None. I lean mostly liberal on civil rights issues, and mostly conservative on just about everything else. Let me do what I want, and if the druggie on the corner can't pull himself out of the gutter, then let him stay there.

Abortion: Pro-choice. Or as I like to call it "anti-life." I mean, if the other side is pro-life, that means I'm against life, right?

Gay Marriage: Pro. Any argument to the contrary is semantic bullshit. And I can get semantic with the best of them.

Terry Schiavo: I read in the Post the other day that her parents were tired of the media attention, and that they just wanted to be left alone. I also read that her husband was simply quietly assenting to her demands. I don't care about the issue at hand, I've never been in that situation. Like most civil rights issues, I lean toward "let me choose," though I suppose this is giving up the rights to someone else. Anyway, my take on that case is that her parents are two of the most irresponsible, horrible parents that I've seen to take what is solely a family conflict, and take it so far as to get the President of the United States making a stand on it. On that basis alone, whatever side they're on, I'm on the other side.

War in Iraq: I support our troops. I don't support the knucklehead who sent them there.

Boxers. Women. And sandwiches. Because we're all in favor of sandwiches.

Next post to follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

Damn! This is unusually forthcoming for a blog post. And well thought out, something else most blog posts are not. I would never make a post like this, because people could go back and prove it when I'm a hypocrite. Hmm, maybe they can do that anyway...

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home