Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Wacky Customers II: Goddamn Cold Guy

This is, perhaps, my favorite customer. Well, second favorite, I guess, to the cute little shy blonde who always stays and talks a while. *sigh*

Anyway, pretty crotchety old guy who comes in the mornings, works for Boeing. Know very little about him other than that.

His name, or at least what we refer to him as, comes from the following rant, which was our introduction to him: "You know what? I watched the weather this morning, and they said it was going to be blustery. Blustery? What the hell does that mean? Why can't they just tell it like it is? It's goddamn cold."

Needless to say, we were busting up.

He's since come up with quite a few gems, and never fails to get me laughing, which is part of the reason he's one of my favorite customers. One time I asked him how he was doing, and he responded with the classic, "Son, if I were doing any better, I'd have to be twins just to handle it."

The last bit of wisdom requires a little history. Boeing, if you haven't noticed, has been going through quite a few shakeups, and as a result, they hold these ethics classes for every person in the company. I had heard about those classes from an earlier customer, so I decided to jump him about it, but he got the jump on me, coming in the station and declaring "I'm gonna get me some ethics today!" To which the conversation eventually degraded into a discussion of him sleeping in the back of a warehouse, rather than getting the ethics he apparently desired.

The next day, he comes in, and I ask how he was doing, and he responds "I'm so damn ethical, I can hardly stand myself."

That one, I have to use sometime. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

That's good stuff! Crochety old guys have some great lines. That's why people still put up with me.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home