Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Adventures with Wacky Customers I: Todd

Third post. Really, this series should be started with the Vietnam vet who has threatened to kill half the station, but it's been a while since he's popped up and annoyed us, so we begin with the most randomly weird thing to happen in a while:

Working with Sean, a guy whom neither of us have ever seen before walks up to the counter, and says "I bought this for you guys, my friends at the Phillips station." He then proceeds to place his gift on the counter. It is a horribly ugly metal bird of some kind, most resembling a stork. It has springs for a neck and legs, generating a jarring clanking sound whenever the god-awful thing is shaken. Remainder of conversation:

Guy: "I think it's really beautiful, you guys should keep this on the counter."
Sean: "Uh, thanks."
Guy: "My name's Todd, nice to meet you."

Then he walks out.

Sean and I, dumbfounded, proceed to try to sell the thing to customers the entire night for 20 bucks. Alas, we did not succeed. So now I'm stuck with the damn thing, since Sean quit.

And Todd's still coming in. Luckily, he has yet to say anything about the Chicken, which is residing atop our lottery scratch-off box, and for that I am grateful, as I'm sure I'd have no idea what to respond with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home